Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What did you do with your Pumpkin seeds?

As we were carving our pumpkins I was loving how pretty the texture of pumpkin seeds were.  I'm not a fan of eating them but I thought they'd come in handy for a project I had brewing in my mind.  I quickly gave my 7 year old the job of picking out the seeds from the pumpkin "guts" we had piled in a dish.  She didn't stick with it very long since we had two fairly large pumpkins going at the same time so I got to finish.  

I finally finished my online class last week and was able to finished a project I had started for the first time in a month.  Thank goodness for "a little" time to myself again.

So here's the finished product of my Pumpkin Seed Topiaries.  My husband thought I was nuts, but he actually approved of it's coolness and uniqueness. 


All it takes is:
Pumpkin seeds (wash, then dry, then bake them 350F for about 15 min.)
2 sizes of styrofoam balls
Dowel (depending on the size of your styrofoam balls, my largest was 4" and I used a 1/4" dowel)
Floral foam
Ceramic pot
Spanish moss
Dark green spray paint
Lots of hot glue :)

It's all pretty self explanatory from there.  Anyways, it's nice to have a list of "ingredients" to any project.

 Now these beauties are proudly displayed on my entry way dresser.  Never underestimate the power of TEXTURE!


So tonight I get to join Kristyn from Lil' Luna and Kelli & Kristi from Lolly Jane Boutique for a fun Elmer's party with crafts and giveaways.  I'm so excited!  Stay tuned to see how it all turns out!


Linked to:
lil luna link party button

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Let me know what you think.