Saturday, December 17, 2011

5 minute Christmas Wreath

So it's kind of embarrassing for me to admit that I don't own a Christmas wreath.  I've never really found one that I've fallen in love with.  I finished up school this last week and I finally found the time to think about taking care of that lonely, empty wreath hook on my front door.  As I was trying to convince myself to set a budget on what to spend on a wreath, I realized I had everything I needed for one already and it would only take me a few short minutes to put together.  Here's what I did:

I have this garland that I picked up from Home Depot last year after Christmas for 75% off (total $3).



 I wrapped it up in a circle. Voila!  Not done . . .


I discontinued these garlands from my christmas tree and they've just been sitting in storage, but together they create the perfect candy cane pattern.


Wrap them around the wreath . . .


Place a nice bow on the bottom and you're done!


Problem solved!  Seriously, 5 minutes.  It doesn't get better than that.  Maybe next year I'll go more elaborate, but now I feel comfort knowing that hook on the door isn't naked anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I didn't own one either....Amanda saved me this year and gave me hers from last year! We even have a tree this year...first time in 7 years!! :) Are you proud of my Holiday Cheer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea I will try. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers! Let me know what you think.