Saturday, February 25, 2012

Work in progress


{B}'s room was redone and my 3 yr old {T}'s room was neglected.  So I decided I had some materials on hand to at least get a start on what I wanted to have happen in her room.  


I started with a lamp I had that I ripped the shade off.  The prior shade was all white, but had a bright pink lining which made everything look pink when I turned it on.  So I kept the wire frame for it and tied some spare ribbon I had in "tutu" fashion around.  I mixed up the color and texture to give it some contrast and stand out from the white base a little more.  Although I may still spray paint the base in the near future.


The next part was some wall art.  One of the great perks of going to design school is the Resource room they have for the Interior Design students.  We just got in this HUGE amount of wall paper books so I get to bring home some discontinued samples and play around with them however I like.  So I attached some to foam core and made some instant wall art for the room.


You might remember this little dresser/nightstand from a recent post.  But I added just a little something extra as I lined it with the same contact paper I used for {B}'s desk.  


My in-laws were so generous to give us a twin bed.  It had an old cream vinyl like material upholstery on it so I decided to cover it, first with batting to give it some of that comfortable look and then with this fun geometric graphic I found at Hobby Lobby.  Where would I be without a staple gun?  I'm just to scared to imagine.  The bed set came from Target and the curtains (which you can't see very well cuz they will be soon replaced) I sewed from clearance fabric at Country Curtains.


So just this little corner is done for now, but the plans are to make the other side of the room toy and dress up storage.  My {T} loves to pretend so here's where it's going to get fun. You'll have to wait and see until I'm done with it.  


Linked up to:
Positively Splendid Creations by KaraIhookedupwithHoHlamespice shabby creek cottageFurniture Feature Fridays504 Main

2 comments:

  1. The ribbon lamp is so fun!!! I love the wall art too! great job!!! I have a project party every weekend if you would like to join and link up your great ideas! http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/03/project-party-weekend-pretty-striped-pencils-tutorial.html
    I hope you will come! xoxo-Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers! Let me know what you think.