Thursday, January 26, 2012

From Plain to Dame!

Week 3 of 11 this quarter and the homework is piling on!  I'm glad I go this done before the real swarm of design homework projects began.  This quarter has a full blown holistic day spa design (start to finish), learning all about building codes, how to make pretty presentations, and learning a whole new computer design program.  My career as a designer is becoming more real and I feel like my talents are growing!

To keep my sanity, I must have something completely under my control at home that I can call mine and work on when I want to.  So, here's another of my fabulous garage finds I found recently.  I got this two drawer nightstand along with a coffee table (not completed yet).  The top drawer originally looked like the bottom one, but I was experimenting with the Pottery Barn Finish you can see applied here.


So it started out looking like a "plain jane" nightstand you can find at any Target for cheap and I thought I would dress it up a bit.


I went to Al's Hardware and Materials out in AJ and picked up some pretty sweet trim and base boards for $10.  I got to use my air compressor and miter box (cuz I'm too cheap to by a miter saw) I got for Christmas!  This is exactly the project I had in mind when I asked for them :)


Here's her reveal!  I stuck with the same hardware because it was the nicest thing on the piece.  




Linked up:
Remodelaholic  Thirty Handmade Days   504 Main   It's a Hodge Podge Life   
Fingerprints on the Fridge   Miss Mustard Seed   A Little Inspiration   House of Hepworths
A Glimpse Inside   Creations by Kara

1 comment:

  1. Awesome....I'd like to invite you to CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party
    going on now-Sunday night……Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers! Let me know what you think.